The balance rein
Our balance reins can be used in many different ways.
This padded rein ring was developed as an aid in everyday training. Regardless of the riding style, the balance reins can be very useful for both the horse and the rider.
Support for the rider:
- quieter reins
- Minimization of the rein aids
- more relaxed shoulder position
- Can be used with two bridges (posture together with the normal reins) as well as four bridges (posture with reins).
Support for the horse:
- Control over the pace of the horse
- Introduce or improve the leaning of the horse
- Promote the gathering
- Increase surefootedness in the area
and much more!
The balance rein is available in three different sizes.
- Pony: for shetties and ponies up to approx.1.20m
- Standard (VB / WB): for horses from gauge pony to normal warmblood
- X-Full: for strong warbloods and cold-blooded animals
If you want to measure more precisely, then follow our measuring instructions. The balance reins should not be chosen too small.
Here is an overview of the dimensions:
VB / WB: 140-180cm
the scope of the balance rein
For classic riders we recommend choosing the balance reins according to the following formula: neck circumference + 30cm
For western riders we recommend choosing the balance reins according to the following formula: neck circumference + 50cm